Melissa Ajunwa Bohonos, M.D.
Dr. Bohonos is an ophthalmologist (an M.D.) with additional fellowship training in glaucoma.
Dr. Bohonos has enjoyed clinical experience managing a variety of ocular conditions both medically and surgically
Dr. Bohonos also has additional training in functional medicine and nutrition counseling.
As the eye care provider for Holistic eye and wellness clinic. Dr. Bohonos can offer both traditional and alternative therapies to patients such as scientifically reviewed eye vitamins, and counseling on lifestyle modifications.
• Glaucoma Specialist (Fellowship Trained)
• Comprehensive Ophthalmologist
Dr. Bohonos manages a variety of eye conditions, with special interest in Glaucoma and AMD (Age related Macular Degeneration). She is board certified with the American Board of Ophthalmology and a member of American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Glaucoma Society, Ophthalmic Women Leaders Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology Member and the Institute for Functional Medicine Member .
Dr. Bohonos has Clinical Experience since 2010 with the following Procedures:
• Cataract Surgery
• Glaucoma Surgery
• Glaucoma Lasers
• Laser Peripheral Iridotomy (LPI)
• Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT)
• Yag Capsulotomy (laser)
• Chalazion Removal
• Lid Lesion removal
• Diabetic Eye Disease
• Age related Macular Degeneration including intravitreal injections
• Avastin, Lucentis, Eyelea
• Dry Eye Disease
• and many more
Previous Positions Held:
• Assistant Professor University Of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Dept of Surgery
• Assistant Professor State University of New York Buffalo, Ross Eye Institute
M.D. Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Internship (Internal Medicine)
Grady Memorial Hospital Atlanta, GA
Boston University/Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana
• American Glaucoma Society Member
• Ophthalmic Women Leaders Member
• American Academy of Ophthalmology Member
• Institute for Functional Medicine Member
Kira Cortez DNP, RN, CNE
Kira is a Registered Nurse with 16 years of experience in a variety of nursing roles. She enjoys learning and educating others. She has a Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership from Texas A&M University Corpus Christi.
A Masters in Nursing with a focus in Education and a Bachelors in Nursing from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. She is currently pursuing a post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner certification from the University of Texas at Arlington.
Kira is dedicated to fitness and wellness. In her free time, she loves spending time with her family and traveling.
Book your med spa treatment today with Kira at HEC Med Spa!